2023 Turkey Contest Rules & Regulations
1. Turkeys must be legally tagged under MD DNR regulations.
2. Turkeys must be harvested in MD under MD DNR regulations.
3. Turkeys may not be tampered with in anyway.
4. Final Weights and Measurements will be determined be the Molly’s Place agent.
5. Youth Division is for those aged 16 and under.
6. Each participant must sign a waiver after their turkey has been weighed stating that they are satisfied with their scoring.
7. Molly’s Place Agent will use the NWTF scoring system. All measurements are taken in 1/16-inch increments and converted into decimal form. Birds will be weighed in pounds and ounces and will be converted to decimal form. Spurs will be measured along the outside center, from the point at which the spur protrudes from the scaled leg skin to the tip of the spur. Both spurs will be added together and the combined measurement of both spurs will be multiplied by 10 The beard will be measured from the center point of the protrusion of the skin to the tip of the longest attached hair and multiplied by 2. The weight of the Turkey will be added to the points scored by the spurs and the beard for the total score. In the event of a multi-bearded bird, only the longest attached hair of the longest beard will be measured and counted towards the total points scored. Non typical, multi-bearded birds, will not receive extra points for their multiple beards. In the highly unlikely occurrence of double spurs, only the longest spur will be measured.
8. Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 adults and top 3 youth.
9. Turkeys must be brought to Molly’s Place to be weighed during these check-in hours. If able, please call ahead to let us know you are on your way – 410-348-5000.
Contest Dates: Junior Hunt Days April 15th and 16th
Maryland Open Season: April 18th -May 23rd
Molly’s Check-In Hours: April 15th - May 9th | Open – 2pm
May 10th - May 23rd | Open – 6pm